PATHOS Quick Screening Test
- Preoccupied with sexual thoughts and fantasies?
- Ashamed & hide your sexual behavior from others?
- Tried Treatment in the past to stop undesirable behavior?
- Hurt others emotionally due to your hidden sexual life?
- Out of control sexual desire?
- Sad and despairing after a sexual escapade?
Two or more answers of ‘Yes’ to the above and you may have a problem with sex addiction. One answer of ‘Yes’ to the above and further assessment is recommended. It is suggested that you take the Sexual Addiction Screening Test.
Sex addiction is defined as sexually compulsive behaviors that interferes with normal living and causes severe stress on family, friends, loved ones, and one’s work environment. Sex is the priority for the addict who will sacrifice what they cherish most in order to preserve and continue their unhealthy behavior. The behaviors that will take control of addicts’ lives and become unmanageable may include: compulsive masturbation, serial affairs, pornography, prostitution, exhibitionism, voyeurism, cyber-sex/chat room hook-ups, and strip clubs, among others.
Sexual anorexia is the obsession with the avoidance of sex at all costs and it reflects a desire to cope with life’s stressors and protect the self from being hurt. A form of sexual addiction, periods of binging and purging are also aspects of this self-defeating constellation of behaviors.